Broccoli, Zucchini, Kale & Coconut Soup
- 1 tbs coconut or olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs grated fresh ginger
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 head (400g) broccoli, chopped
- 3 medium (400g) zucchini, grated
- 4 cups coconut water or vegetable stock
- 1 bunch kale, leaves washed
- 270ml can coconut milk
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- ½ cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- pan fried flour tortillas, to serve (optional)
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek, garlic, ginger and chilli. Cook, stirring often for 5 minutes or until soft.
Add the broccoli and zucchini, cook stirring for 1 minute. Pour over the coconut water, bring to the boil. Boil gently for 8 minutes until vegetables just tender. Shred the kale leaves (you should have 4 cups shredded leaves), cook 2-3 minutes until leaves are wilted. Set aside to cool slightly. Blend or process until smooth.
Return the soup to the saucepan. Add the coconut milk, return soup to a gentle simmer, without boiling until hot. Taste and season. Stir in the parsley.
Combine the coconut and lemon rind. Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Sprinkle with coconut mixture. Serve with tortillas.